December is here and the holiday season is upon us. Let’s explore some simple ways to give with cryptocurrency this holiday season.
Retailer and consumer acceptance of Bitcoin has mirrored its wild ride in crypto markets over the last few years. Recently, more and more companies favor the idea of integrating Bitcoin into their business operations. Here are a couple of reasons why:
First, huge improvements such as the Lightning Network, have taken place in cryptocurrency technology. This innovation aims to enhance usability and scalability capacity through the implementation of peer-to-peer payment channels, making the network faster and more efficient.
Second, cryptocurrency is no longer being put in a financial corner. With increased adoption across multiple platforms, setting record all-time highs, and several positive mentions by regulators and policymakers, cryptocurrency continuously proves its potential as a financial instrument.
How to Buy with Bitcoin:
The easiest way to buy with crypto is using your crypto wallet. You can create a Bitcoin wallet easily to help keep all your Bitcoin secure. Once you find a retailer that allows Bitcoin payment, you can pay one of two ways:
- While you spend crypto, the retailer receives fiat money as payment. Crypto debit cards partner with payment-processing giants like Mastercard and Visa to ensure that these transactions occur seamlessly.
- Copy their Bitcoin address into the designated field in your crypto wallet, select the amount to pay and then send it. The transaction should be completed within a couple of seconds.
What You Can Buy with Bitcoin/Crypto:
For the Picky Person In Your Life
Shopping for someone who has particular taste can be tricky, but a gift card never fails. Gyft is an app that allows you to buy and send gift cards from hundreds of retailers using Bitcoin for payment. Shop from some of the largest retailers around such as Target, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Sephora, and more allowing you to easily find the perfect gift for friends and family. Gyft does not charge extra fees, and will ensure all transactions are secure. The app also allows you to upload all of your gift cards so they are in one place for easy convenience.
If you’re trying to find the perfect gift for the person who already has everything, making a donation in their name is a personal and thoughtful thing to do. The Giving Block is a platform that makes it easy for non-profit organizations and donors to accept and give cryptocurrency donations. The Giving Block is a simple, easy way to use your crypto wealth for good.
For the Handy-Person / Fixer-Upper
If you know someone who’s always taking on a new home project or is simply a fan of DIY fun, gift them supplies from Home Depot! From building to gardening, this huge appliance store accepts Bitcoin for all of your projects big or small.
For the New Home-Owner
Know someone who’s interested in interior design? Or just moved into their first home or new apartment? Furnishing a new place is exciting but comes with a large price tag. Overstock accepts Bitcoin purchases for everything from a new couch, rugs, patio furniture, to a vacuum cleaner. They even carry other general goods like clothes and technology.
Buying Video Games with Bitcoin
Video games are something that is universally loved across the ages. Many of us share the nostalgic memory of going into a physical store to pick out video games, but these days, most gamers shop online. Much like digital currencies themselves, video games are becoming a digital possession through NFTs. With continuous increased adoption, more and more leading game-selling platforms are accepting Bitcoin. Here’s what you can gift your gamer this holiday season:
- Xbox — use Bitcoin to pay for games, add-ons and Xbox Live subscriptions.
- Humble Bundle — a digital store that contributes a portion of its proceeds to charities. Use Bitcoin to buy a gift card, game, or other products.
- Big Fish Games — a casual gaming company based in Seattle, Washington. Use Bitcoin to buy a gift card, game, or other products.
- Twitch — There’s something for everyone! It is an interactive live streaming service for content spanning gaming, entertainment, sports, music, and more. They’re giving subscribers a 10% discount if they pay using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
Service Providers that Accept Bitcoin
Know an avid reader, content creator, or influencer? Use your Bitcoin to help them practice their craft and expand their knowledge! WordPress is an open-source content management system that accepts Bitcoin and allows users to create websites and blogs. This is great for small business owners or influencer bloggers. If you know someone who loves to stay up to date in news, current events, and the world of tech, you can use your Bitcoin to buy them a subscription to online news outlets including Bloomberg and the Chicago Sun-Times.
Travel Companies that Accept Bitcoin
What better gift to give someone than a trip to create memories together! Whether it’s with family, friends, or your significant other, exploring a new city or planning a staycation is the perfect way to escape. You can book your dream holiday and pay for it with your Bitcoin through the following services:
- Expedia — one of the world’s largest online travel booking agencies currently accepts BTC for hotel bookings and is planning to introduce it as a payment option for flights, activities and more!
- AirBaltic — the first airline ever to accept Bitcoin payment for a variety of flights.
- Virgin Galactic — the world’s first commercial spaceline, owned by billionaire business magnate Richard Branson, accepts Bitcoin.
- Cheapair.com and Destinia.com both accept cryptocurrency payments in exchange for either airline tickets or hotel bookings.
Restaurants and Supermarkets that Accept Bitcoin
For the foodie in your life. Whether you know someone who is always on the go and needs a quick bite or someone who loves to stay at home and cook delicious, organic meals, give them the gift of a meal. You can buy sandwiches with Bitcoin at select Subway locations around the world. You could also head on over to your local Whole Foods, buy your someone special’s favorite dinner ingredients paired with a bottle of wine and cook them a lovely holiday meal all paid for with Bitcoin!
A Little Bit of Luxury
There is nothing more timeless than gifting someone a luxury watch. Online luxury retailer BitDials offers Rolex, Patek Philippe, and other high-end watches in return for Bitcoin. Luxury watchmaker Franck Muller even produced a watch encrusted with gold and diamonds containing a QR code from the bitcoin genesis block.
Give the Gift of Crypto!
Crypto is a great gift anytime of the year, but we hope this gift guide helped to inspire some unique ideas. Whether you’re getting, gifting, spending, or hodling your Bitcoin, we hope you find peace and joy this holiday season.
Coinsource is the world leader in Bitcoin ATMs. With a focus on compliance and ease of use, Coinsource is aiming to bring Bitcoin to the masses. Follow for blogs about Bitcoin, finance, company updates and Bitcoin ATM information!